Friday, December 10, 2010

Wallington, the land of adventure.

Saturday afternoon I went to Wallington to visit my friend Shawn Dillon and Vic. Shawn and Vic live together, but not in a living in a sin kind of way.



I arrived at Shawn's house around 4 o'clock. I was there for about half an hour when Vic, Shawn's roommate appeared in the kitchen with some serious information.

"Let me tell you something. You gotta move your car. It's gonna be like the apocalypse here soon. If your parked on the street, your not leaving till after 9:30, at least."

Wow this was serious. I really don't know if I want to stay in Wallington that long.

I ask him what he is talking about. "Vic what are you talking about?"

"The Wallington fire engine parade. They will be closing off the surrounding roads in about half hour. You better move your car to East Rutherford. Come on, move your car. I'll give you a ride back here."

So I followed Vic a few blocks away an out of Wallington to the East Rutherford. None of the roads were to be closed off there.

On the way back to the house Vic told me about his experience moving a few years ago during the fire engine parade.

"I had this panel truck full of my stuff and here they are closing the roads all around the neighborhood. What was I gonna do? I had to drive the truck through the park to get home."

I really couldn't argue with this logic. However from the looks of it, Wallington just looked like regular ol' Wallington.

So Vic left and Shawn convinced me that it might be worth checking out the fire truck parade. It is hard to argue with surprise fun especially when it is in parade form.

So as it got closer to parade time, I did in fact see people setting up chairs and small groups of people gathering on the parade route. Perhaps this parade is larger than I am expecting.

Then like a switch the sun finally slipped into darkness and the public came to the streets.



















































One video is of Fire Trucks making noise, and the other video you can see Shawn Dillon dance and be merry.





All in all a very festive time.





No comments: