Friday, June 20, 2008

Ninja Gaiden 2


Team Ninja has released Ninja Gaiden 2 and with lots of blood, dismemberment, hot anime boob girls, incredible graphics, and acceptable voice acting. Team Ninja, is like Volvo. They make good cars, but you can always tell it is a Volvo, there is no hiding certain things.

Taking place 6 months after the events of Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. Ninja Gaiden 2 continues to follow the exploits of Ryu and his trail of dismembered dead foes. I can't stress enough how much dismemberment there is.

A quality button masher, platformer with a high attention to detail in its platforming elements. The auto camera leads you where to go, like most games these days, if you are not particular to show reverence to the high level of detail, you will miss things. Nothing like having highly frenetic ninja game guy fighting lots of dudes and bathing in their blood to then out of the corner of your eye you see what looks to be a hallway behind a potted plant, you leave the battle and run down this hall just to find a box with a ginseng root in it. Hunting for treasure is an important part of the platformer, but when you start to think about it, it gets is a little ridiculous. There is no office building that would have little ninja looking boxes three floors up from a boss battle. Why not just smash a desk and get some health. I am sick of looking for unrealistic boxes. In all honesty I am being trivial, it's not like you have to collect glowing orbs, no they are attracted to you automatically. 3 types of glowing orbs; one orb is used like money, another is for health, and the other is the "magic" one, pretty standard if you ask me.

The original Ninja Gaiden was a tough game. I don't know anyone that could say otherwise. I played through the first few chapters of Ninja Gaiden 2, and I can't help but wait for the other shoe to drop. When does this game get mind blisteringly difficult. A European Spaniard I know that hails from a small fishing community off the coast of the Mediterranean said to me this the first game, "you must take risks and play the game with reckless abandon, or you will fail." I still feel like I am waiting for that moment in the game. I don't feel like a ninja, I just feel destructive.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still trying to get through sigma but, it's kind of boring.

Whats up with all of the shitty Japanese sword games? Can't we get just 1 good one?!?!?

Where is your Toby Mcguire will be Rick Hunter post?